HeroTechs Hosted Microsoft Exchange
Give us a ring at 1-888-443-7683 for instant support!
Hosted Microsoft Exchange 2010 Overview
Microsoft Exchange 2010 is an email application server that is used by over 50% of businesses in the United States. The reason for its popularity is that Exchange 2010 is very scalable, secure, reliable, and functional. Exchange 2010 allows your employees to collaborate as a team and share Contacts, Calendars, eMail, Tasks, and Notes. Additionally, Microsoft Exchange 2010 allows you to use as many computers as you would like...and the information in Outlook is the same on every one! Additionally, your HeroTechs Hosted Exchange 2010 service gives your Business Mobility, enabling your employees to retrieve information from their mobile devices. Access your information everywhere, anytime, anyway.
Why Switch to Hosted Microsoft Exchange 2010
Known POP eMail Isues
- • POP eMail is cheap or free and is typically included as an extra with your website domain
- • POP eMail Size Limits on the Server are usually low because it is not an eMail server. This makes it so that the eMail must be downloaded from the server in order to keep within the size limits imposed on this eMail system.
- • POP eMail is downloaded from the server NOT Held at the Server and Synchronized as exchange eMail is.
- • POP eMail does not care about Data Safety. It is in a local .pst on a local computer in an abstract non backed up directory. Many times we perform unnecessary Data Recovery's for people due to this misunderstanding.
- • If the option to leave a copy on the server is selected then normal maintenance such as deleting items in your In-Box has no effect of the "Over the Size Limit" error due to the low imposed size limits.
- • If the option to leave a copy on the server is selected so that you can have Multiple instances of microsoft Outlook you WILL HAVE TO MANAGE EACH OF THOSE INSTANCES. Meaning you will spend time deleting eMails on your laptop only to still see them on your Desktop and Phone. You will have to delete the messages on each of these devices as well.
- • Calendars and Contacts are only local to each device. This means that the contacts on your Desktop Computer, Laptop, and SmartPhone are all different and not synchronized. Each device is also at risk of Data Loss as each is simply a single source of its data. Ie., If your hard drive crashes, you can loose your contacts and calendars forever.
- • When you create a rule without a proper eMail server it is a client side rule. This means that if your computer is replaced with a new version and new Outlook Profile you will have to re-create all of your rules. With a Microsoft Exchange Server the rules are Server Side and maintained on all computers installed on.
Exchange 2010 Benefits:
- • Sharing Contacts with coworkers
- • Sharing Calendars with coworkers
- • Assigning Tasks with coworkers
- • Sharing Email with coworkers
- • All of your data is synchronized on different computers at different locations
- • All of your data can be synchronized with your mobile phone!
- • Peace of Mind — If your hard drive crashes, you are able to re-download all of your Outlook data back to your new computer!
- • Out of Office auto replies
- • and much more!
Exchange 2010 Add-Ons
HeroTechs allows you to add several features to enhance Exchange 2010 such as:
- • BlackBerry service for your BlackBerry devices
- • Server-based Disclaimer Signature for every mailbox
- • SharePoint as your company Intranet
- • Secure messaging that helps your organization with compliancy issues
- • Email Archiving that helps your organization with compliancy issues
- • Microsoft Dynamics CRM integrated into Outlook
Hosted Microsoft Exchange 2010 FAQ
What is Microsoft Exchange?
Microsoft Exchange is an email server that is currently being used by over 50% of businesses today. The reason for its popularity is that Exchange is very scalable, secure, reliable, and functional. Exchange allows your employees to collaborate as a team and share contacts, calendars, email, tasks and notes. Additionally, Exchange allows you to use as many computers as you would like...and the information in Outlook is the same on every one! Plus, your HeroTechs Exchange service allows you to plug in different methods of mobile access like BlackBerry email to retrieve your information from your mobile device. Access your information everywhere, anytime, anyway. HeroTechs even includes access to a SharePoint hosting service.
How is Exchange different than a POP3 server?
POP3 only caters to email, not contacts, calendars tasks, or notes. That means that although you are able to receive email on your computer, all the contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes are stored locally on your computer. If your hard drive crashes or your computer/laptop is lost/broken...you lose everything. With Exchange, since a mirror copy of your mailbox is stored on the Exchange server, you are able to both retrieve and check your information from different locations at any time.
Will Outlook look any different?
Outlook will look exactly the way it does without Exchange
Can I use more than one Outlook client on my account?
Absolutely! You are able to have as many Outlook clients as you would like and every one will be synchronized automatically and always be up to date!
Will we lose any email during the migration to HeroTechs?
We have a method of migrating from your current server (either Exchange or POP) that will ensure you never miss one email.
How do I alter the mailbox for each employee (i.e. add mailbox space)?
HeroTechs provides a fully automated web-based Control Panel that is accessible from any web browser at any time. This enables you to add/remove/edit users, mailbox access levels and mailbox size. You can add/remove aliases and distribution lists. In the web-based Control Panel you can even enable add on features, add contacts to the Global Address List, set up forwarding, and much more!
Is SalesForce or Act! compatible with Exchange?
Both SalesForce and Act! have Outlook plug-ins. Basically, if the information is in Outlook it will be in Exchange!
Does Exchange allow us to share information?
Absolutely! With Full Access accounts you are able to share contacts, calendars, emails, and tasks with your team.
Is migrating to HeroTechs difficult?
No! Call us at 888-443-7683 and ask us how easy it is.
Is the connection secure?
HeroTechs has binded a digital certificate to the connection that allows a full SSL connection from Outlook to the server... the same encryption used for online banking! This is even more secure than having the server in your own building!